BIO

KIERAN SHEA’s fiction has appeared in dozens of venues including Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine, Thuglit, Dogmatika, Word Riot, Plots with Guns, Beat to a Pulp, Crimefactory, and Needle: A Magazine of Noir ...as well as in some beefy-looking anthologies most of which will make you question the tether of his shiny, red balloon. To his self-deprecating astonishment he's also been nominated for the Story South’s Million Writers Award twice without sending the judges so much as a thank you note. He co-edited the satiric transgressive fiction collection D*CKED: DARK FICTION INSPIRED BY DICK CHENEY and his debut novel KOKO TAKES A HOLIDAY is out now from Titan Books. Kieran divides his time between 38°58′22.6″N- 76°30′4.17″W and 39.2775° N, 74.5750° W.

11/15/09

Today, Some of My Top Heist Flicks

It's hard to choose and maybe there are some more but these...these for me are what I go for.

Number 5: The Hot Rock...I remember when my Uncle Doc took me and my brothers to see this as a kid...Uncle Doc told my folks we were going to see some Disney picture. I thought NY seemed so amazing.



Number 4: The Killing...Stanley Kubrick. Black and White. Scary clown masks. 'Nuff said.



Number 3: Reservoir Dogs...Saw this 3 times in a row at The Railroad Square Cinema back to back when I lived up in Waterville, Maine. Stunned. I might have gone back to see it once more.



Number 2: Ronin...De Niro. De Niro, De Niro, De Niro.



And Number 1: The Pope of Greenwich Village. This is a film I can watch anytime, anywhere. The scene at Monmouth Park where all the golf caddies used to blow their loop money when I was growing up. Hot towel shaves. The Italian food. The best.



Finally, the other night I read Bryon Q's "Dirty Bits" post on the writers blog DO SOME DAMAGE. It got me thinking about sex/love scenes, so I felt inspired to give my character Charlie Byrne a little action--the short "The Damage Done" is up at A Twist of Noir. Jump here.