BIO

KIERAN SHEA’s fiction has appeared in dozens of venues including Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine, Thuglit, Dogmatika, Word Riot, Plots with Guns, Beat to a Pulp, Crimefactory, and Needle: A Magazine of Noir ...as well as in some beefy-looking anthologies most of which will make you question the tether of his shiny, red balloon. To his self-deprecating astonishment he's also been nominated for the Story South’s Million Writers Award twice without sending the judges so much as a thank you note. He co-edited the satiric transgressive fiction collection D*CKED: DARK FICTION INSPIRED BY DICK CHENEY and his debut novel KOKO TAKES A HOLIDAY is out now from Titan Books. Kieran divides his time between 38°58′22.6″N- 76°30′4.17″W and 39.2775° N, 74.5750° W.

11/14/09

This Show

Like most, there are media images stuck in my head from childhood. But one of the scariest, most hellish, most terrifying for me was THE PRISONER. At the time I had no idea what the show was all about, but I knew it unnerved me on a deeper level that I couldn't understand. Something deep was wrong. Yeah, yeah, yeah...I know, political allegory, individualism vs collectivism and the weird Penny-farthing logo symbolism all that, but at the time...phew. This show and "UFO" and "Space 1999" just freaked me all out on a regular basis, but I couldn't stop watching. Now that Mad Men is over I am very much looking forward to AMC's updated version. Still, Patrick McGoohan's glare at the end credits of the original still gives me the shivers.