BIO

KIERAN SHEA’s fiction has appeared in dozens of venues including Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine, Thuglit, Dogmatika, Word Riot, Plots with Guns, Beat to a Pulp, Crimefactory, and Needle: A Magazine of Noir ...as well as in some beefy-looking anthologies most of which will make you question the tether of his shiny, red balloon. To his self-deprecating astonishment he's also been nominated for the Story South’s Million Writers Award twice without sending the judges so much as a thank you note. He co-edited the satiric transgressive fiction collection D*CKED: DARK FICTION INSPIRED BY DICK CHENEY and his debut novel KOKO TAKES A HOLIDAY is out now from Titan Books. Kieran divides his time between 38°58′22.6″N- 76°30′4.17″W and 39.2775° N, 74.5750° W.

3/13/14

Could Be the Chili Dogs

In a bolt of self-indulgence after treating myself to two loaded chilli dogs from Ann's Dari Creme in Glenn Burnie, MD (no Rutt's Hut (NJ) or Yocco's (PA) but damn fine stuff, Marylanders--what's up with the spelling?) I decided to update the bloggage with a musical entry. As I am in the midst of slashing up the sequel to my first novel, I've realized I haven't built myself a play list for inspiration like I did when I was writing KOKO TAKES A HOLIDAY. These days I mostly listen to Bach while editing, but when I was suffering through the drafts of the first book, I often played a particular set of songs to fire up my juices. Every writer I know imagines a soundtrack to their novels (a vain hope of selling the film rights, I suppose), but anyway here's my play list.  I believe all are available on YouTube in some format if you're interested...."Heroes" -David Bowie; "Enjoy Yourself" -The Specials; "Turn It On" -The Flaming Lips; "Pandemonium" -Killing Joke; "Small Talk" (Four Tet Remix) -Ultraista; "Doom and Gloom" (Jeff Bashkir Mix) -The Rolling Stones; "Working Class Hero" (John Lennon cover) -Green Day; "Purple Haze" -Groove Armada; "Love Theme" -Moby; "Angel" -Massive Attack; "Heaven's Dead" -Audioslave; "Kashi Vishwanath Gange" -Krishna Das; "Love Spreads" -The Stone Roses; and "Catamaran" Bear Vs. Shark.
-
Onward.