BIO

KIERAN SHEA’s fiction has appeared in dozens of venues including Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine, Thuglit, Dogmatika, Word Riot, Plots with Guns, Beat to a Pulp, Crimefactory, and Needle: A Magazine of Noir ...as well as in some beefy-looking anthologies most of which will make you question the tether of his shiny, red balloon. To his self-deprecating astonishment he's also been nominated for the Story South’s Million Writers Award twice without sending the judges so much as a thank you note. He co-edited the satiric transgressive fiction collection D*CKED: DARK FICTION INSPIRED BY DICK CHENEY and his debut novel KOKO TAKES A HOLIDAY is out now from Titan Books. Kieran divides his time between 38°58′22.6″N- 76°30′4.17″W and 39.2775° N, 74.5750° W.

9/14/11

Why Now, Charlie B.? The Year-Long Fast Ends and Begins Again

Been almost a year exactly to when I swore off doing Charlie Byrne stories, and let me tell you, the break has been invigorating...strecthing myself in all kinds of crazy ways. Anyway, on Labor Day I finished a 2nd draft on a WIP novel and trotted it out for a few Beta readers. As such, I had some creative downtime on my hands. Oh, why not? One little Charlie Byrne story to cleanse the palette, where's the harm? None for me, thank you very much, but I can't say the same for Charlie. The guy does get his butt handed to him on a silver platter again. Felt good to plug his three-legged, one-eyed cat Chomsky into the show. Maybe I'll do that from now on, you know, crank out a little Jersey Shore gumshoe woe to heal the gouges the bigger work tears into my head. And what's up with the crystal cheetah? Well, I guess you'll have to read it. Cheetahs, if you must know, are a bit of a tradition in Jersey. Onward.