BIO

KIERAN SHEA’s fiction has appeared in dozens of venues including Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine, Thuglit, Dogmatika, Word Riot, Plots with Guns, Beat to a Pulp, Crimefactory, and Needle: A Magazine of Noir ...as well as in some beefy-looking anthologies most of which will make you question the tether of his shiny, red balloon. To his self-deprecating astonishment he's also been nominated for the Story South’s Million Writers Award twice without sending the judges so much as a thank you note. He co-edited the satiric transgressive fiction collection D*CKED: DARK FICTION INSPIRED BY DICK CHENEY and his debut novel KOKO TAKES A HOLIDAY is out now from Titan Books. Kieran divides his time between 38°58′22.6″N- 76°30′4.17″W and 39.2775° N, 74.5750° W.

9/13/11

The B'con Bitchin'

Months ago when I learned I would be unable to attend Bouchercon in St. Louis this coming weekend I was completely crushed. I've become a fan of attending this pandemonium of all things perilous and plot-driven, but the family business has priority over passions. I suppose I've grown too comfortable predicting that there'll be no scheduling conflicts because in recent years they've always managed to hold B'con in October. Wrong, sucker. September. D'hell? SEPTEMBER? What the---? I assume it's because of the honorees schedules or the hotel's availabilty or some such, but then, hell, my disappointment grew tenfold when I learned the Jordans and Judy Bobalick were in charge...because let me tell you...if you're going, this party is going to rock. I love those guys...and if they asked me to carry a room full of books to the the top of the Arch, I would. Bummed as hell to be missing all the cool kids who're going to make the scene (you know who you are....) Have fun all, maybe I'll see you next year. Maybe. I mean, Mary Higgins Clark ain't no Robert Crais and friggin' Cleveland? All things being equal, I'd rather be in Philadelphia with Lou. Unless the Mayans' long shot predictions come true and (ashes, ashes) we all fall down.