BIO

KIERAN SHEA’s fiction has appeared in dozens of venues including Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine, Thuglit, Dogmatika, Word Riot, Plots with Guns, Beat to a Pulp, Crimefactory, and Needle: A Magazine of Noir ...as well as in some beefy-looking anthologies most of which will make you question the tether of his shiny, red balloon. To his self-deprecating astonishment he's also been nominated for the Story South’s Million Writers Award twice without sending the judges so much as a thank you note. He co-edited the satiric transgressive fiction collection D*CKED: DARK FICTION INSPIRED BY DICK CHENEY and his debut novel KOKO TAKES A HOLIDAY is out now from Titan Books. Kieran divides his time between 38°58′22.6″N- 76°30′4.17″W and 39.2775° N, 74.5750° W.

6/10/11

Channeling Kunu

There comes a time when I must channel the great and all-knowing Kunu. We all know the line in Forgetting Sarah Marshall about lemons (if not, look it up). Nothing could be more succinctly Zen and uplifting for me. Seriously, I feel a great kinship with Kunu/Chuck and we all should take his advice and do less. Anyway, it's about time I bail anyway if you ask me. If anybody inquires, just tell them I'm going to the beach for a while. Few weeks, maybe longer...soak the head...read like crazy...push the kids into waves. If you have a Kindle for your summer reading may I suggest (myself--I really need to pick up one of those suckers soon...so many people griping at me--this means you, Weddle). Anyhoo, if anything major happens (not expected) I'll let you know. Back in July. Oh yeah, I'm taking the WIP with me. I'm not that big of a slacker (well, maybe a little). Onward.
-