BIO

KIERAN SHEA’s fiction has appeared in dozens of venues including Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine, Thuglit, Dogmatika, Word Riot, Plots with Guns, Beat to a Pulp, Crimefactory, and Needle: A Magazine of Noir ...as well as in some beefy-looking anthologies most of which will make you question the tether of his shiny, red balloon. To his self-deprecating astonishment he's also been nominated for the Story South’s Million Writers Award twice without sending the judges so much as a thank you note. He co-edited the satiric transgressive fiction collection D*CKED: DARK FICTION INSPIRED BY DICK CHENEY and his debut novel KOKO TAKES A HOLIDAY is out now from Titan Books. Kieran divides his time between 38°58′22.6″N- 76°30′4.17″W and 39.2775° N, 74.5750° W.

5/28/13

N@B IV

Well, that was a hoot. Noir @ the Bar IV. Group shot of all the readers/authors (and then some) with Dr. Bazell doing a "Where's Waldo?" behind Glenn Gray (red shirt) and Dennis Tafoya. I think J.I. Baker skipped the shot.  Shame. Of course it's me, Jed Ayres, and Reed Coleman up front because we were the rudest clowns there. Brought a few stories with me to read, but I ended up doing a cold reading of my short Annie Gets a Ride--from that anthology Jed, Greg Bardsley and I worked on--you know the one--the one that made all of us swear off of committing to anthology editing forever. Hadn't read "Annie" in three years, and it garnered a bunch of big laughs and some gushing compliments from the bartender, who made me promise to send her an autographed copy of KOKO TAKES A HOLIDAY when it hits next year. Gladly, because she was a doll and a half. Hats off to Todd Robinson, Glenn Gray, and "Jedi" Jed for pulling it all together. A fine night to be in the Village and reading crime fiction and a great crowd. Best part. Todd, Glenn, Jed and I getting lost on the way back to my hotel. Keystone Cops. Onward.