BIO

KIERAN SHEA’s fiction has appeared in dozens of venues including Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine, Thuglit, Dogmatika, Word Riot, Plots with Guns, Beat to a Pulp, Crimefactory, and Needle: A Magazine of Noir ...as well as in some beefy-looking anthologies most of which will make you question the tether of his shiny, red balloon. To his self-deprecating astonishment he's also been nominated for the Story South’s Million Writers Award twice without sending the judges so much as a thank you note. He co-edited the satiric transgressive fiction collection D*CKED: DARK FICTION INSPIRED BY DICK CHENEY and his debut novel KOKO TAKES A HOLIDAY is out now from Titan Books. Kieran divides his time between 38°58′22.6″N- 76°30′4.17″W and 39.2775° N, 74.5750° W.

10/2/12

Back


I'm back. I know, stepping offline for a few days, what's the big deal--not that anyone really cares or notices, right? World keeps spinning. But I have to tell you, the latest whopper draft of my WIP I sent off? I never knew finishing something like that could wipe me out--physically. Walked around bewildered for a few days like I was recovering from a fever...wondering most a.m. writing sessions what I should work on next.  Kicking around a story for Crimefactory (Oz) it seems. But then today the thankless slaves behind the Shotgun Honey 'zine have finally launched their anthology--BOTH BARRELS. A familiar cast for sure. Look at the lineup.
  • Andrew Nette – King Tut’s Tomb
  • Cameron Ashley – The Blonde Chimera
  • Chris Holm – Not Forgotten
  • Dan O’Shea – Father’s Day
  • Frank Bill – The Jade Bounty
  • Frank Wheeler Jr. – Tapdancing for Idiots
  • Garnett Elliott – Chicken Soup for the Hole
  • Glenn Gray – Intubation
  • Hector Acosta – Jueves
  • Holly West – Regrets Only
  • Jen Conley – Escape
  • Jim Wilsky – Traffick
  • Joe Myers – Cold Read
  • Julia Madeleine – Rage
  • Keith Rawson – 2 Kilograms of Soul
  • Kieran Shea – The Judgement of Roland J. Monroe
  • Matthew C. Funk – Lovely Men
  • Michael Oliveri – The Wrench in Her Works
  • Naomi Johnson – Hero
  • Nigel Bird – Rhythm of Life
  • Nik Korpon – The Owls
  • Patti Abbott – How to Launder a Shirt
  • Paul D. Brazill – Gareth and Fiona Go Abroad
  • Peter Farris – Cut. Copy. Paste. Delete
  • Ray Banks – The Warmest Room
  • Steve Weddle – The Awakening: From the Cyborg Lesbian Vampire Chronicles
  • Thomas Pluck – Train: A Denny the Dent Story
  • Tom Pitts – Luck
  • Trey R. Barker – A Good Boy
Reads like a who's who for a open-bar party I'd love to throw. My piece started out as a western but ended up in prohibition era/logging camp Maine. I got a helping hand on the French for my story from Canadian writer, Benoit Lelievre--thanks, Ben. What else? Oh, yeah. I just scored some Will Hoge tickets today. If you're not hip to this cat by now, I can't really help you. Onward.
-