BIO

KIERAN SHEA’s fiction has appeared in dozens of venues including Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine, Thuglit, Dogmatika, Word Riot, Plots with Guns, Beat to a Pulp, Crimefactory, and Needle: A Magazine of Noir ...as well as in some beefy-looking anthologies most of which will make you question the tether of his shiny, red balloon. To his self-deprecating astonishment he's also been nominated for the Story South’s Million Writers Award twice without sending the judges so much as a thank you note. He co-edited the satiric transgressive fiction collection D*CKED: DARK FICTION INSPIRED BY DICK CHENEY and his debut novel KOKO TAKES A HOLIDAY is out now from Titan Books. Kieran divides his time between 38°58′22.6″N- 76°30′4.17″W and 39.2775° N, 74.5750° W.

9/8/12

Goin' Out Mid-West

Can't rush it. Last scenes, tweaks, buffs, and shines. This is where my whole mind is right now and has been since July (save for a few cleansing side-steps in the shorter fiction realm.) Never thought I would make it to the end of the tunnel. While I know there are no promises that any of this schlock will see the light of day, I feel pretty good because it's almost complete, and all I've ever wanted was to tell a complete story. That's the hardest part, you know?  Letting go and saying it's finished. Lost an early writing mentor this week, but that passing will be discussed in a later blog entry because I've been sifting through the cobwebs. If anybody is wondering, Noir Con and B'Con aren't in the cards for me this year (sorry, Lou.) Yet, strangely enough, I've committed to Muskego for the sake of novelty. Stoked to see my bro, Chris Holm and his bride, and the word is there may be some more surprise attendees. The lineup out yonder looks awesome (save for a couple of folks I think I'll pass on) and I've never been to Wisconsin. I'm sure I'll be a square peg in a round hole. Onward.