BIO

KIERAN SHEA’s fiction has appeared in dozens of venues including Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine, Thuglit, Dogmatika, Word Riot, Plots with Guns, Beat to a Pulp, Crimefactory, and Needle: A Magazine of Noir ...as well as in some beefy-looking anthologies most of which will make you question the tether of his shiny, red balloon. To his self-deprecating astonishment he's also been nominated for the Story South’s Million Writers Award twice without sending the judges so much as a thank you note. He co-edited the satiric transgressive fiction collection D*CKED: DARK FICTION INSPIRED BY DICK CHENEY and his debut novel KOKO TAKES A HOLIDAY is out now from Titan Books. Kieran divides his time between 38°58′22.6″N- 76°30′4.17″W and 39.2775° N, 74.5750° W.

10/13/11

Thursday: Music / Life Lists

My best friend and I have a musical life list, bands or musical performers we'd like to see before life's snotty waiter brings the check and we find we're both short of cash. A lot of greats have been scratched over the years, on his side and mine. Bands break up, greats ones pass or were long gone before we even had the chance. I count myself lucky to have seen Zevon acoustic. Lucky to have seen the Big Man back in the 80s before Bruce became so God damn arsty-fartsy. Psych Furs...the Clash at Shea...Fugazi in the park...*(sigh)* friggin' Garcia. Makes me feel old. So much more to see. The Roots. Toots. The list goes on. But hey! Another life list show is coming up and me and my pal have tickets. Sah-weet. God damn, I love this band and play them loud all the time. Yeah, it's a reunion tour so sue me. I don't care because, as you may know, I've always wanted to grow up and be a debaser.