BIO

KIERAN SHEA’s fiction has appeared in dozens of venues including Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine, Thuglit, Dogmatika, Word Riot, Plots with Guns, Beat to a Pulp, Crimefactory, and Needle: A Magazine of Noir ...as well as in some beefy-looking anthologies most of which will make you question the tether of his shiny, red balloon. To his self-deprecating astonishment he's also been nominated for the Story South’s Million Writers Award twice without sending the judges so much as a thank you note. He co-edited the satiric transgressive fiction collection D*CKED: DARK FICTION INSPIRED BY DICK CHENEY and his debut novel KOKO TAKES A HOLIDAY is out now from Titan Books. Kieran divides his time between 38°58′22.6″N- 76°30′4.17″W and 39.2775° N, 74.5750° W.

10/5/11

I Love Lucy

Hey, it's been a mixed week so far on the writing front. Had a mighty blow of technology roach 30 pages of my WIP and I thought I was going to just crawl under the back porch, eat my foot, and die. Maybe it was for the best. Saved some notes and outlines and frankly that last 10,000 seemed a bit rushed. Better now, feeling more focused and less devastated, chipping away at the goal. Of course then I got word I'd been suggested for a very fine project that I need to remain cryptic about until the ink dries. Yes, real cash-money ink. Caught up on episodes 1 & 2 of Boardwalk Empire: Season 2. Found the IRA plot line a bit stupid frankly (and insulting)...especially the Éamon de Valera character...but I loved it when Agent Nelson Van Alden mentioned the "hotel shaped like an elephant" nearby. It's true. A Jersey legend. I love Lucy the Elephant and while she's not a hotel or speakeasy anymore, she still stands today.