BIO

KIERAN SHEA’s fiction has appeared in dozens of venues including Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine, Thuglit, Dogmatika, Word Riot, Plots with Guns, Beat to a Pulp, Crimefactory, and Needle: A Magazine of Noir ...as well as in some beefy-looking anthologies most of which will make you question the tether of his shiny, red balloon. To his self-deprecating astonishment he's also been nominated for the Story South’s Million Writers Award twice without sending the judges so much as a thank you note. He co-edited the satiric transgressive fiction collection D*CKED: DARK FICTION INSPIRED BY DICK CHENEY and his debut novel KOKO TAKES A HOLIDAY is out now from Titan Books. Kieran divides his time between 38°58′22.6″N- 76°30′4.17″W and 39.2775° N, 74.5750° W.

9/23/11

Five Friday Things

This is not exactly an endorsement list, but I have nothing else to say tonight without working myself into a four alarm lather. God, the news out there... it sure is grim. Anyway, I feel like sharing. Here's five things I really dig on this rainy-rainy Friday night. Enjoy. #(1) - GARMONT HIKING BOOTS: Best outdoor active footwear I've ever encountered. I beat these freaking shoes like they owe me money. #(2) - LINGUINE WITH WHITE CLAM SAUCE: Red sauce? Let's talk about sweeping your screw-up prep work under the culinary rug. Done right with fresh whole clams and a full-bodied white wine reduction? Chef? You had me at fuckin' hello. #(3) - LISTENING TO OLD HOT TUNA WHILE DOING MUNDANE OUTSIDE CHORES: Whaa? Hey, you'd be surprised at my eclectic tastes in music. Somehow, no matter how daunting an outdoor chore is, these mellow dudes always just chill me right the hell out. BTW, they're still alive and playing small gigs and have come to Annapolis. Get some. #(4) - BENELLI SHOTGUNS: Really, do I need to explain how much fun you can have with one of these puppies? #(5) - TIMBUK2 MESSENGER BAGS: Since 1989 I've had two stolen, one pissed on by a now dead cat and trashed, and now have three in my possession. Gear for the apocalypse. Cheers.