BIO

KIERAN SHEA’s fiction has appeared in dozens of venues including Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine, Thuglit, Dogmatika, Word Riot, Plots with Guns, Beat to a Pulp, Crimefactory, and Needle: A Magazine of Noir ...as well as in some beefy-looking anthologies most of which will make you question the tether of his shiny, red balloon. To his self-deprecating astonishment he's also been nominated for the Story South’s Million Writers Award twice without sending the judges so much as a thank you note. He co-edited the satiric transgressive fiction collection D*CKED: DARK FICTION INSPIRED BY DICK CHENEY and his debut novel KOKO TAKES A HOLIDAY is out now from Titan Books. Kieran divides his time between 38°58′22.6″N- 76°30′4.17″W and 39.2775° N, 74.5750° W.

3/2/11

Recap LAST RITES

Anyway, this past Sunday's reading in Baltimore went well, if you care. Special slobbering thanks to Nik Korpon for throwing it all together. Lafferty opened, I was somewhere in the middle behind Goodman, and Tafoya closed. Wait. That's not right. Some howling guitar player closed (forget his name) which was kind of cool. I also sort of regret the piece I selected since I couldn't finish it in the time allowed. Next time I get a chance to read I plan to pick something more concise. Afterward we all repaired ourselves around the corner at Mick O'Shea's Pub. Figures, right? An Irish bar within 300 hundred feet of a crime fiction reading. How Jack Taylor. Schemes and tales were passed and laughter shared. God damn, it's always fun hanging out with crime writers, the finest and funniest scribes in the world. I was so tired after we concluded I played this Cornershop cover of Dylan's classic over and over in the car... singing along as I sped home, windows down.