BIO

KIERAN SHEA’s fiction has appeared in dozens of venues including Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine, Thuglit, Dogmatika, Word Riot, Plots with Guns, Beat to a Pulp, Crimefactory, and Needle: A Magazine of Noir ...as well as in some beefy-looking anthologies most of which will make you question the tether of his shiny, red balloon. To his self-deprecating astonishment he's also been nominated for the Story South’s Million Writers Award twice without sending the judges so much as a thank you note. He co-edited the satiric transgressive fiction collection D*CKED: DARK FICTION INSPIRED BY DICK CHENEY and his debut novel KOKO TAKES A HOLIDAY is out now from Titan Books. Kieran divides his time between 38°58′22.6″N- 76°30′4.17″W and 39.2775° N, 74.5750° W.

12/14/10

Tues.Thought: Howard Tate - One of My Favorite Songs

This one of those songs that helps me in countless ways. Howard Tate, an amazing comeback story in itself.

GET IT WHILE YOU CAN

In this world where people are fighting with each other,
No one to count on...not even your own brother...
'Till someone comes along and gives you genuine affection...

(Chorus)

Get it while you can (Ooooooh)
Better get it while you can
Get it while you can
Don't turn your back on love

When you love somebody you're taking a chance on sorrow,
Who knows, baby, we may not, may not be here tomorrow...
Should someone comes along and gives you genuine protection...

(Chorus)

I wanna tell you a little bit about myself...

Once I had a good woman but I didn't count my blessings...
Oh I wish she could hear me to see, oh I've learned a bitter lesson...
So if someone comes along and gives you genuine affection...

(Chorus 2x)

Don't turn your back on love.