BIO

KIERAN SHEA’s fiction has appeared in dozens of venues including Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine, Thuglit, Dogmatika, Word Riot, Plots with Guns, Beat to a Pulp, Crimefactory, and Needle: A Magazine of Noir ...as well as in some beefy-looking anthologies most of which will make you question the tether of his shiny, red balloon. To his self-deprecating astonishment he's also been nominated for the Story South’s Million Writers Award twice without sending the judges so much as a thank you note. He co-edited the satiric transgressive fiction collection D*CKED: DARK FICTION INSPIRED BY DICK CHENEY and his debut novel KOKO TAKES A HOLIDAY is out now from Titan Books. Kieran divides his time between 38°58′22.6″N- 76°30′4.17″W and 39.2775° N, 74.5750° W.

9/3/10

Can You Give It Up...?

Yesterday I finished a piece that I hope I can run past a few people, namely this guy because I think I just agreed to give Mr. St. Louis some floor space in Philly and he owes me one. Plus I trust his no b.s./no piped in sunshine policy. Backslappers I don't need, I need more people to point out when the emperor has no clothes. Anyway, I know I'm trying to make a hard left fiction-wise now, but it's hard to give up the darkness. Charlie? That was easy but the darkness. I mean, is something wrong with me? With you? This story I just finished rushed out of me in two days...starts out nice and gentle with friends sharing coffee and five thousand words later things have gotten completely out of hand. So much dynamite under the bridge, so much blood and bone. I wonder if the downshift to something different for me will break the mental blocks soon. Pretty cool news lately on the micro-fiction projects with Dan O'Shea, Steve Weddle and Patti Abbott. Looks like these Wal*Mart and airport noir things will have a life of their own. Karmic payoff? You bet. Good stuff.