BIO

KIERAN SHEA’s fiction has appeared in dozens of venues including Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine, Thuglit, Dogmatika, Word Riot, Plots with Guns, Beat to a Pulp, Crimefactory, and Needle: A Magazine of Noir ...as well as in some beefy-looking anthologies most of which will make you question the tether of his shiny, red balloon. To his self-deprecating astonishment he's also been nominated for the Story South’s Million Writers Award twice without sending the judges so much as a thank you note. He co-edited the satiric transgressive fiction collection D*CKED: DARK FICTION INSPIRED BY DICK CHENEY and his debut novel KOKO TAKES A HOLIDAY is out now from Titan Books. Kieran divides his time between 38°58′22.6″N- 76°30′4.17″W and 39.2775° N, 74.5750° W.

9/8/10

Burnt Bridges: Rant

Yesterday a new WIP and several other stories I've been working on got blown away in a technological sucker punch equivalent to Alec Guinness falling on the detonator at the end of The Bridge Over the River Kwai. Retrievable? Yes, but for a price too dear. How much? All said and done I could buy a new computer for Pete's sake. Not sure where the value is in things these days, and really, I'm over it. Boo-hoo. Get back on the horse. Start diamond cold fresh--I'll live...it's not like acceptance letters are flowing these days. Forget the wasted hours spent (3) with useless drones ducking out for bhang lassis (look it up) and currys and the pathetic loop of classical music. Yes, I said loop because the whole thing repeated. Hats off to the Mrs. for having the patience of Job to deal with them because I was ready to book my flight on Air India and hunt these unhelpful goons down and burn their building to the ground. Need to regroup. Lick my wounds. Going dark. Might be a while. Dear Dell: I hate you. I will always hate you, and if there is a hell I damn you, your outsourced knuckleheads, and your crappy OS to it forever. Please spare me the Mac advice because I'm already there, people, I'm already soooo freakin' there.