BIO

KIERAN SHEA’s fiction has appeared in dozens of venues including Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine, Thuglit, Dogmatika, Word Riot, Plots with Guns, Beat to a Pulp, Crimefactory, and Needle: A Magazine of Noir ...as well as in some beefy-looking anthologies most of which will make you question the tether of his shiny, red balloon. To his self-deprecating astonishment he's also been nominated for the Story South’s Million Writers Award twice without sending the judges so much as a thank you note. He co-edited the satiric transgressive fiction collection D*CKED: DARK FICTION INSPIRED BY DICK CHENEY and his debut novel KOKO TAKES A HOLIDAY is out now from Titan Books. Kieran divides his time between 38°58′22.6″N- 76°30′4.17″W and 39.2775° N, 74.5750° W.

7/28/10

Rebels

Yesterday I was overwhelmed by the diamonds floating in the the fiction aisle dross. It seems so many people have so many opinions on what you must-must-must read, what is critical. 9 times out of 10 they're under-read themselves and are pushing merely what they committed to recently. "This book is phenomenal." Really? REALLY? Take a moment, bub. Wasn't her fourth book better and wasn't his take on the classic Cain and Able tale far better than this sugared up Gen Y feed? Huh? (Stammers) "Well, I only read this and blah, blah, blah." Hmm, I don't know. There have been so many let downs. Caught the rebroadcast of Roddick vs McEnroe last night. Johnny Mac still has wicked game which makes me think if I'm cracking my knuckles and I'm going to have to choose a book, make mine a rebel with guts, who can play fearless, who breaks the mold and ain't no pretty boy. Always. Other things. Was without power for a few days here and just got back online last night. 46 hours total. Massive storm...killed some people and I think one on the Bay. I feel bad for people struck by tragedy but I've little sympathy for fools who choose to screw around on the Chesapeake without checking the marine forecast. Heard that the DNR and the Coast Guard received, like, thirty seven-distress calls. Thirty-seven? Do I have to draw you a picture? National Weather Service says violent they mean it, meatheads. Violent in spades.