BIO

KIERAN SHEA’s fiction has appeared in dozens of venues including Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine, Thuglit, Dogmatika, Word Riot, Plots with Guns, Beat to a Pulp, Crimefactory, and Needle: A Magazine of Noir ...as well as in some beefy-looking anthologies most of which will make you question the tether of his shiny, red balloon. To his self-deprecating astonishment he's also been nominated for the Story South’s Million Writers Award twice without sending the judges so much as a thank you note. He co-edited the satiric transgressive fiction collection D*CKED: DARK FICTION INSPIRED BY DICK CHENEY and his debut novel KOKO TAKES A HOLIDAY is out now from Titan Books. Kieran divides his time between 38°58′22.6″N- 76°30′4.17″W and 39.2775° N, 74.5750° W.

6/22/10

Beating the Drum of Pulp: Patti the Paladin

Today, I'm up in the Jerz, wandering around...a while back in some blog volleys I learned that Patti Abbott used to spend her summers close by. Not too far from where our beach shack is actually, within spitting distance of Charlie-ville and the hollow glitter of Atlantic City. I was lucky enough to meet up with Patti this year in Indianapolis, and I'm really glad I did. Thoughtful and engaging, Patti works on a level that is more sophisticated than most of the rude boys who seem to populate this crime fiction aspiration game of ours. Did you note that she's the only lady in the dog pile on the right? The only one. Why is that? Because she's great. Someday soon I hope I can kick her off the list too like I just did Blackmoore. This week she's on Beat to a Pulp. Enjoy.