BIO

KIERAN SHEA’s fiction has appeared in dozens of venues including Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine, Thuglit, Dogmatika, Word Riot, Plots with Guns, Beat to a Pulp, Crimefactory, and Needle: A Magazine of Noir ...as well as in some beefy-looking anthologies most of which will make you question the tether of his shiny, red balloon. To his self-deprecating astonishment he's also been nominated for the Story South’s Million Writers Award twice without sending the judges so much as a thank you note. He co-edited the satiric transgressive fiction collection D*CKED: DARK FICTION INSPIRED BY DICK CHENEY and his debut novel KOKO TAKES A HOLIDAY is out now from Titan Books. Kieran divides his time between 38°58′22.6″N- 76°30′4.17″W and 39.2775° N, 74.5750° W.

5/17/10

Looking for Clues?

Wow, today was humbling. Heard about an author who positively cranks on the word count, something that would make almost anyone feel like a schlub. 4000 words a day. And here I am, thrilled if I can knock out maybe three pages. 4000 words? Goodness. No matter, keep going, Kieran. Buffing my Watery Grave Invitational piece and working on a pirate story for an anthology. Pirate story is cool so far and I'm hoping for a low body count. Really. A low body count in a pirate story. I'm not kidding.

Meanwhile, for fun this week I'm doling out clues on my Watery Grave Invitational story. Yes, the theme for the competition (baseball) has already been set, but the images I'm posting here on the blog until the deadline 12 PM EST 5/24 are parts of the story. Top left is CLUE #1. This should be fun.