BIO

KIERAN SHEA’s fiction has appeared in dozens of venues including Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine, Thuglit, Dogmatika, Word Riot, Plots with Guns, Beat to a Pulp, Crimefactory, and Needle: A Magazine of Noir ...as well as in some beefy-looking anthologies most of which will make you question the tether of his shiny, red balloon. To his self-deprecating astonishment he's also been nominated for the Story South’s Million Writers Award twice without sending the judges so much as a thank you note. He co-edited the satiric transgressive fiction collection D*CKED: DARK FICTION INSPIRED BY DICK CHENEY and his debut novel KOKO TAKES A HOLIDAY is out now from Titan Books. Kieran divides his time between 38°58′22.6″N- 76°30′4.17″W and 39.2775° N, 74.5750° W.

1/20/10

The Sit

People say they do it. Maybe I have even, but I'm lying mostly. I take breaks. A nap or two. Drink coffee. Slice the book in half, day one and day two. Rarely does a book suck me in and its prose overwhelm me so that I follow its winding trail to the end, straight through. Shove people away, forgo eating, sleeping, carry the book around with me and fall off subway platforms reading (happened to me once and I should be dead but that's another story). So many stars have to align, mental state, gaff hooked right in the gray matter with purchase and beauty. Yeah, yeah...his God Is A Bullet...I know, I know but THIS...good Lord. Sure, it's early in the game, but this one will be a stubborn killer to knock off my ledge this year. It transcends, it's heroic, achingly raw, Biblical. I dare you to read the first chapter. Dare you. Honestly, if there were more books like this I'd think quit shoveling around my mediocrity.