BIO

KIERAN SHEA’s fiction has appeared in dozens of venues including Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine, Thuglit, Dogmatika, Word Riot, Plots with Guns, Beat to a Pulp, Crimefactory, and Needle: A Magazine of Noir ...as well as in some beefy-looking anthologies most of which will make you question the tether of his shiny, red balloon. To his self-deprecating astonishment he's also been nominated for the Story South’s Million Writers Award twice without sending the judges so much as a thank you note. He co-edited the satiric transgressive fiction collection D*CKED: DARK FICTION INSPIRED BY DICK CHENEY and his debut novel KOKO TAKES A HOLIDAY is out now from Titan Books. Kieran divides his time between 38°58′22.6″N- 76°30′4.17″W and 39.2775° N, 74.5750° W.

12/1/09

Big Gack-Hack

To all who haven’t realized this already, my AOL e-mail account has been hacked. I am taking steps to protect my passwords and running what is the equivalent of anti-viral triage smack-down on all systems. As you can imagine this takes technical pluck and pit bull veracity. My better half is more than adept at tackling this.

*SIGH*

This is nothing new for us. My wife’s email got hacked three years ago, and we had to go through the same drill. It’s an awful experience. Not as bad as being held up at gunpoint (that did happen to me in DC) and certainly not as bad as my apartment almost burning down (that also almost happened in DC) but all in all it's been coach-fare ride on the suckful express.

No doubt some clove-smoking, swollen-livered little weasel somewhere deep in the Ukraine thinks this big har-har...Igor go hijack stoopid mereekahn’s addressbook, sell list to the spam golems. Fuck stoopid mereekahns.

Listen up, Igor. If fates ever allow us ten minutes alone, I swear to you I will feed you your fingers one at a time. You should see the rotary saw in my garage. Then, well, I’ll set your shabby ass on fire.

Again, my apologies. I remain, at large...