BIO

KIERAN SHEA’s fiction has appeared in dozens of venues including Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine, Thuglit, Dogmatika, Word Riot, Plots with Guns, Beat to a Pulp, Crimefactory, and Needle: A Magazine of Noir ...as well as in some beefy-looking anthologies most of which will make you question the tether of his shiny, red balloon. To his self-deprecating astonishment he's also been nominated for the Story South’s Million Writers Award twice without sending the judges so much as a thank you note. He co-edited the satiric transgressive fiction collection D*CKED: DARK FICTION INSPIRED BY DICK CHENEY and his debut novel KOKO TAKES A HOLIDAY is out now from Titan Books. Kieran divides his time between 38°58′22.6″N- 76°30′4.17″W and 39.2775° N, 74.5750° W.

8/22/09

Wrap Ups, Raft Ups

Yesterday I finished a massive writing project and took a huge, scary step...the writing equivalent of pulling the pin on a stun grenade, jumping off a bridge, and asking the pretty girl to slow dance all rolled into one. I'm trying to be realistic. Like anything in life, it's not the act or circumstances that do the real damage when things don't turn out well, but one's expectations.

It's also the last free weekend before school starts. I need distraction to keep my mind off all things written and all the ideas on the stove.

The picture above has a motley assortment of sailboats in what is commonly referred to as a "raft up" in these parts. After the good rum starts flowing, I call it a floating obstacle course. The assorted boat bums in my immediate sphere are rallying. Sounds good to me, as does my mental soundtrack for this excursion included below.

Now, if I can only stop thinking about that huge, scary leap of faith. Hit it, Mickey....