BIO

KIERAN SHEA’s fiction has appeared in dozens of venues including Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine, Thuglit, Dogmatika, Word Riot, Plots with Guns, Beat to a Pulp, Crimefactory, and Needle: A Magazine of Noir ...as well as in some beefy-looking anthologies most of which will make you question the tether of his shiny, red balloon. To his self-deprecating astonishment he's also been nominated for the Story South’s Million Writers Award twice without sending the judges so much as a thank you note. He co-edited the satiric transgressive fiction collection D*CKED: DARK FICTION INSPIRED BY DICK CHENEY and his debut novel KOKO TAKES A HOLIDAY is out now from Titan Books. Kieran divides his time between 38°58′22.6″N- 76°30′4.17″W and 39.2775° N, 74.5750° W.

6/2/09

Hogdoggin' Headbutt: Operation Shifty Bastard 2

Right. I'm preaching to the friggin' choir here. Most people who even casually cruise this blog know about Doc Noir's new novel--HOGDOGGIN'. I've my copy and I've convinced a couple of people new to crime fiction to scoop up theirs. Now then. Book stores. The head-butt assault continues. Make a quick friend with someone at your local megastore who arranges the STAFF RECOMMENDS shelf. Tell them Hogdoggin' should be there. Bribe them with a latte or tell them their Dave Matthews Band t-shirt looks cool, tell them you'll even fill out the stupid, little card and maybe score them a little weed. Next, if the "S"s are way down near the bottom, slyly turn Neil's book to face out so people can see the achingly beautiful cover. Ok, maybe achingly beautiful are not the words I'm looking for (more like putrid flesh--but in a very cool way!). Get creative, grassrooters. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. Go ahead and ask the good people at Gischler Corp. They'll vouch for me. Well maybe. I got laid off. Bastards.