BIO

KIERAN SHEA’s fiction has appeared in dozens of venues including Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine, Thuglit, Dogmatika, Word Riot, Plots with Guns, Beat to a Pulp, Crimefactory, and Needle: A Magazine of Noir ...as well as in some beefy-looking anthologies most of which will make you question the tether of his shiny, red balloon. To his self-deprecating astonishment he's also been nominated for the Story South’s Million Writers Award twice without sending the judges so much as a thank you note. He co-edited the satiric transgressive fiction collection D*CKED: DARK FICTION INSPIRED BY DICK CHENEY and his debut novel KOKO TAKES A HOLIDAY is out now from Titan Books. Kieran divides his time between 38°58′22.6″N- 76°30′4.17″W and 39.2775° N, 74.5750° W.

5/9/09

The Shotgun Cool

My neighbor across the street is the coolest; he takes me shooting. My favorite gun of his is a lightweight Benelli 12 Gauge that I used for inspiration for my story The Back-Up Man over on A Twist of Noir a few months past.
-
So, I'm up early and I cruise over to the updated Benelli USA site. Too much flash for my taste, but I'm digging the videos and so wanted to insert one here, especially the one of all the animals getting blown apart, but I couldn't figure out how. Then I went to You Tube and found this friggin' gem. Who knew duck hunters were such fans of Duane Swierczynski novels? Santa? You listening? Can I have one? Please?
-