BIO

KIERAN SHEA’s fiction has appeared in dozens of venues including Ellery Queen Mystery Magazine, Thuglit, Dogmatika, Word Riot, Plots with Guns, Beat to a Pulp, Crimefactory, and Needle: A Magazine of Noir ...as well as in some beefy-looking anthologies most of which will make you question the tether of his shiny, red balloon. To his self-deprecating astonishment he's also been nominated for the Story South’s Million Writers Award twice without sending the judges so much as a thank you note. He co-edited the satiric transgressive fiction collection D*CKED: DARK FICTION INSPIRED BY DICK CHENEY and his debut novel KOKO TAKES A HOLIDAY is out now from Titan Books. Kieran divides his time between 38°58′22.6″N- 76°30′4.17″W and 39.2775° N, 74.5750° W.

4/27/09

S'plains A Lot...: Get Kieran



For my upcoming birthday I received a subscription for Netflix. Not one to go to the movies anymore, this is a freakin' godsend. I've been getting way stupid about watching flicks I've long missed or jonesed for...violent crime sagas and westerns mostly.
-
When I was a kid my Uncle Doc took me and my brothers to the movies all the time. With great cover stories for my parents like, "we're going to see the new Disney movie", Doc would take us to see some of the most impressionable badass on the market. Awesome stuff. "The Getaway", "The Taking of Pelham 1-2-3", "The 7Ups", etc. I think this might have a lot to do with my gravitational pull towards all things noir. Last night another nugget from the era-- "Get Carter". Michael Caine...stone-cold coolness. Gritty, love, just plain gritty.
-
Do you have a favorite crime flick from the seventies?